Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
This cake does not need flour or butter, so it's great for people on restricted diets.
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Butter an 8in (20cm) round cake pan and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
2. Cook the carrots in a little water about 15 minutes, or until very tender. Drain and purèe with the orange juice; you should have ½ cup of purèe.
3. Beat the egg yolks, vanilla, and orange zest in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed. Gradually add the sugar, mixing until it becomes very thick. Stir in the carrot purèe and almond flour.
4. In a clean, dry bowl, with clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the batter. Spread in the pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto the rack, peel off the paper, and cool completely. Sift confectioner's sugar over the top before serving, if desired.
Good with fresh fruit such as raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries and a spoonful of thick yogurt or whipped cream.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.