Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
These are best served straight from the oven for breakfast, but are also good in lunch boxes or with afternoon tea. Good with butter when they are still hot.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Combine the apple, ¼ cup brown sugar, and the lemon juice in a bowl, and mix until the apple pieces are evenly coated. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the flours, baking powder, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt in a large bowl. Mix in the remaining brown sugar and pecans.
3. Whisk together the milk, oil, and egg, then add the apple mixture. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. Sprinkle with the turninado sugar. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until the tops are rounded and light brown. Immediately unmold the muffins onto a wire rack. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today