Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
When you are short on time, use pre-made pie crusts. Including some Granny Smith apples will make a tangier pie. Good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or crème anglaise.
1. Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 400°F (200°C). Mix the lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples, and toss them with the lemon mixture as they are sliced. Add the sugar, flour, and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
2. Line a 9in (23cm) pie pan with a pie crust and brush the edge with water. Spread the apple filling in the pan. Center the second pie crust over the filling. Press the edges of the crusts together to seal them, then flute them. Brush the top of the pie crust with milk and cut a few slits in the crust.
3. Place the pie on the hot baking sheet. Immediately reduce the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C). Bake the pie for 50–55 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
4. Transfer the pie to a wire cake rack and cool for at least 1 hour. Cut into wedges and serve warm, or cool completely and serve at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today