Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Sweet-tart applesauce contrasts well with rich meats. This classic sauce is traditionally served with roast pork.
1. Peel, core, and roughly chop the apples. Combine the apples, ½ cup water, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt to a simmer in a heavy-bottomed, medium saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the apples are tender but juicy. Remove the cinnamon stick.
2. Remove from the heat, Using a fork, beat in the butter. Serve hot or at room temperature.
The applesauce can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Good with roast pork, sausages, or potato pancakes.
Freezing Information: freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today