Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
If you are ambitious and make pots of applesauce come autumn, be sure to save some to add to these muffins. Rich sour cream anchors the flavor, and my favorite apple pie spices give these beauties a winter holiday feel. Do not overwork the muffin batter or you will have a tough muffin; stir until the dry ingredients are just incorporated into the wet ingredients. If you don’t have fresh applesauce on hand, a good-quality store-bought brand will do just fine.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease 10 regular muffin cups or line them with paper liners.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg and the sugar together until well combined. Stir in the melted butter, sour cream, vanilla, and applesauce.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid, and stir with a woodern spoon until just combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
5. Fill the muffin cups three-quarters full with batter. Top each muffin with a pecan half. Bake in the center of the oven until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out just clean, 20 minutes.
6. Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Then unmold them onto a rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 muffin, but does not include Applesauce. For nutritional information on Applesauce, please follow the link above.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today