Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
My friend, cookbook author Linda Eckhardt, brought these to a cookout, and they disappeared. The combination of sweet apricot, tart goat cheese, and crunchy nuts is irresistible. If you wish, substitute pistachios (they don’t need to be skinned) for the hazelnuts.
1. Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the hazelnut skins are cracked, about 12 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a clean kitchen towel and let cool until easy to handle. Using the towel as an aid, rub the skins off the hazelnuts (but do not worry about removing every trace of skin!). Cool completely. Coarsely chop the hazelnuts and place them in a shallow bowl.
2. Cut the apricots in half lengthwise and remove the pits. If desired, cut large apricots in half again. Spread the cut sides with the goat cheese. Press the goat-cheese side of each apricot into the hazelnuts to evenly coat the cheese. (The apricots can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead, covered, and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Arrange the apricots on a platter and serve.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 18 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.