Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Delicately flavored artichokes combine well with peppery arugula.
1. Add the juice and rinds of 2 lemons to a large bowl of cold water. Pull the tough, dark green leaves from each artichoke to reveal the pale green core of leaves. Cut off the cones at the indentation just above the artichoke bottom. Dig out the hairy choke with a teaspoon. With a paring knife, trim away the thick green skin and immediately place the artichoke bottom in the lemon water.
2. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water with the juice of 1 lemon to a boil. Cook the artichoke bottoms for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and let cool.
3. Quarter the artichokes. Divide the arugula and artichokes among 4 plates. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper, and drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.