Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
A variation on Buffalo wings, these sticky chicken wings are served with a tangy dip.
1. Season the wings with salt and pepper. Process the oil, tomato paste, oregano, brown sugar, shallot, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a blender until smooth. Combine the wings and sauce in a large self-sealing plastic bag, and coat the wings with the sauce. Let stand at room temperature for no more than 90 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Spread the chicken on an oiled baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the wings and bake for 15 minutes more, until the wings show no sign of pink when pierced at the bone.
3. Meanwhile, mix the dip ingredients in a bowl. Serve the chicken wings hot, with the dip on the side, and a bowl to collect the bones.
The chicken can be coated in the tomato mixture and refrigerated for up to 6 hours.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.