Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Since I don’t often deep-fry foods (too messy), I bake my fish and potatoes in a hot oven. The result is crunchy-crusted fish and golden brown “chips.” I like to serve this with Romaine Salad with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Blue Cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Arrange the potato slices on the sheet and spray their tops with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes and pull out of the oven. Leave the oven on.
3. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Whisk in the milk and egg. Add the cod fillets and turn to coat with the batter. Arrange the cod in a single layer on the baking sheet with the partially cooked potatoes and bake until the fish and potatoes are golden brown and the fish is fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and honey. Serve the fish and chips with the honey vinegar on the side for dunking.
Make it a meal kit: Fully bake the potato slices (25 minutes) and let cool. Make the honey vinegar. Dunk the fish strips in the batter, Store each of the components separately in sealable containers or plastic bags. The potatoes and fish will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator, the honey vinegar up to 3 days. When ready to finish the meal, bake the fish as directed, adding the cooked potatoes to the baking sheet for the last few minutes so that they can reheat. Serve as directed.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today