Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I suppose I could wax eloquent for paragraphs on the delights of this recipe, but, quite simply, I believe it is the most exquisite banana bread in the whole world.
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and lightly flour a 9 × 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Place the raisins and rum together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Sift all the dry ingredients and spices together and add to the butter mixture alternately with the mashed banana, stirring well after each addition.
5. Gently fold in the macadamia nuts, coconut, and raisins with rum. Pour evenly into the prepared pan.
6. Bake the bread until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan 30 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve at room temperature in thick slices.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 12.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.