Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: David Loftus
1. Separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and milk with the egg yolks and mix until it forms a smooth, thick batter. Whisk the whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks.
3. Fold the whites into the batter – it is now ready to use.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat.
5. Pour some of your batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden and firm.
6. Loosen with a spatula and turn or flip the pancake over. Continue frying until golden.
7. Melt the butter and sugar in a separate pan over a low heat until they form a caramel sauce – about 3 minutes.
8. Peel and cut the bananas lengthways, add them to the pan and cook gently until they are golden, turning after a few minutes. You might need to alter the cooking time slightly, depending on how ripe your bananas are. Serve them on the pancakes topped with a good spoonful of creme fraiche.
Nutritional information does not include creme fraiche to serve. 1 knob of butter is equivalent to 1 tablespoon.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today