Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I love these ribs--they’re better than real BBO for two reasons:
(1) They ring in at one-third the calories and fat of the original, and
(2) you can make them easily at home in your oven and enjoy BBO even when it’s raining, or too hot, or too cold, or the mosquitoes are out in droves.
1. Preheat, the oven to 425°F. Lay a 2-foot-long piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet, and set it aside.
2. Cut the rib rack in half; season it generously with salt and pepper. Place the ribs on the prepared baking sheet.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the paprika, liquid smoke, ketchup, and red wine vinegar. Pour the sauce over the meat, turning to coat it completely. Scatter the onions and garlic over the sauce. Place another piece of foil on top, and fold up the edges of the foil to make a tightly sealed package. Roast the ribs for 30 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to 275°F, and bake until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
5. Slicing in between the bones, cut the ribs into 4 portions, and serve.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.