Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Tacos are great to serve to a crowd of hungry skiers. They’re fast, fresh, and satisfying after an active day. The filling may be prepared well ahead of time, and your guests can customize their tacos with an array of readily available ingredients.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and saute over medium-high heat. Crumble the meat and cook just until it is no longer pink. Transfer the meat to a strainer and strain well.
2. Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add the jalapeno pepper and saute for 1 minute. Add the chili powder, cumin, and paprika and cook, stirring, until the spices are well blended into the onion mixture, about 2 minutes. Add the drained meat, chiles, tomatoes, beer, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until the, sauce has thickened. (The taco filling may be prepared up to this point and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Bring to room temperature before final cooking.)
3. Serve warm with accompaniments.
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt. Serving size is 2 tacos. Nutritional information does not include accompaniments.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.