Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Looking for a light dinner with substance—you will enjoy this stream-lined version of a favorite Asian wrap. Look for shredded carrots in a bag.
1. In large nonstick skillet, cook meat over medium heat about 5-7 minutes, or until done. Drain excess fat. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic and season to taste, mixing well. Add carrot, water chestnuts, green onions, peanuts and sesame oil, if desired. Spoon mixture onto a lettuce leaf and wrap. Repeat with remaining leaves.
Toss in shredded cabbage, cucumber, bean sprouts and serve with extra hoisin sauce—use whatever you have on hand or prefer.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories from fat 35%
Saturated Fat 3g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable,
½ other carbohydrate,
3 lean meat
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today