Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
If you can find them, use 3 bright red endives and 6 light yellow. This is a wonderful salad for a first course, followed by Grilled Veal Chops with Mushroom-Leek Compote. I like to serve this salad after the main course since it has all the components for a cheese and fruit course.
1. In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 7 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and aromatic. Set aside.
3. In a salad bowl, combine the endive, pears, and toasted pecans. Sprinkle the cheese over. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
4. To serve, drizzle the dressing over all and toss to mix well.
This can be prepared through Step 3 up to 4 hours ahead, covered, and refrigerated.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today