Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Your favorite fresh berries in a light lemon syrup makes a refreshing summer dessert.
1. Bring 1¾ cups water and the sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Stop stirring, increase the heat to high, and boil for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and let cool completely.
3. Hull the strawberries and cut large ones in half. Combine the berries in a bowl and add the syrup. Stir gently to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Spoon into bowls and serve.
Winter Salad: Use sliced apples and segmented oranges, instead of berries. For an exotic version, try papaya and mango, and use lime in the syrup.
Prepare ahead: Chill the fruit and syrup for at least 1 hour before serving.
Good with a large dollop of whipped cream.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)