Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa and stir until toasted and aromatic, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, cumin, and salt; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and allow to stand covered for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, whisk together the remaining olive oil, the lime juice, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in the black beans, corn, red pepper, tomato, scallions, cilantro, and parsley. Stir in the quinoa.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Variation: For a more pronounced Southwestern flavor, substitute 1 cup of your favorite salsa for the tomato.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today