Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
A smoothie is a great way to get a healthy serving of fruit on the go. By adding ground flaxseed you are adding great omega-3’s that help with brain development and fighting cholesterol, without changing the flavor. Blueberries are packed with antioxidants. I use organic frozen berries because they are picked at their prime and have more flavor and vitamins than out-of-season berries. Surprisingly, they can also be less expensive. To give your smoothie a rich and creamy texture, use frozen bananas.
Optional: If you prefer it sweeter, add honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
1. Put everything in the blender...enjoy.
1. Pour into popsicle molds for a frozen tasty treat
2. Add a bit of soap and hot water to blender and run for twenty seconds, rinse. Clean up is done in under a minute!
3. Remember to peel and cut up your over-ripe bananas and freeze them in sealable sandwich bags. Frozen bananas add texture and potassium in an instant and save you from the guilt of not getting around to making banana bread.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today