Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
An old-fashioned summer dessert. Good with whipped cream or ice cream.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter an 11½ × 8in (29 × 20cm) baking dish. Combine the peaches, blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest in the dish.
2. Sift the flour, 1/3 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Add the butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
3. Beat the buttermilk and egg together. Stir into the flour mixture to make a soft, sticky dough. Drop walnut-sized spoonfuls of the dough over the fruit, leaving a little space between each one. Sprinkle with the almonds and the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the juices are bubbling and a wooden toothpick inserted into the topping comes out clean. Let cool briefly and serve hot or cooled until warm.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.