Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Bits of apple and soy sausage dot this casserole, which can be assembled in advance and put in the cooker just before going to bed. Because it cooks in about six hours, however, it’s best made in a slow cooker that has an automatic Keep Warm setting if you like to sleep in. It can also be served for brunch, lunch, or as a light supper.
1. Press half the bread cubes into the bottom of a lightly oiled 4-quart slow cooker.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar, and salt. Pour on the milk and maple syrup, stirring to blend.
3. Carefully pour half the apple mixture over the bread and push the bread pieces down beneath the mixture to moisten them. Top with half the sausage, the remaining bread, the remaining sausage, followed by the remaining apple mixture. Press down to be sure the bread is moistened. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 6.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today