Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Ever had trouble paying for
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This dessert, which requires no time nor culinary expertise, is nonetheless sophisticated because of the intriguing play between the sweet of the fruit and the sugar and the tang of the lime juice. Sour cream, for those who can afford the calories, adds yet another dimension, the play of cool against hot.
Because broiling bananas is not messy, and this recipe is so good, it’s worth making an exception to my rule of never broiling.
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Peel the bananas and slice crosswise ½ inch thick. Mix the brown sugar and lime juice and toss with the banana slices.
3. Spread the bananas in a shallow baking pan and broil until the sugar has melted into a glaze, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately, with sour cream if you wish.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information does not include optional sour cream.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today