Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Brown sugar adds a lovely caramel flavor to the meringues. Good with whipped cream, as a filling sandwiched between the meringues, and drizzled with melted bittersweet chocolate.
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F (130°C). Beat the egg whites in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in the brown sugar, 2 tbsp at a time.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. Using a heaping teaspoon for each, spoon the meringues, spaced about 1in (2.5cm) apart, on the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until they are crisp on the outside and slightly chewy inside.
Crisp meringues: To make the meringues crisp, turn the oven off and leave them inside until completely cool.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 36 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today