Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Brown sugar adds a lovely caramel flavor to the meringues. Good with whipped cream, as a filling sandwiched between the meringues, and drizzled with melted bittersweet chocolate.
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F (130°C). Beat the egg whites in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in the brown sugar, 2 tbsp at a time.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. Using a heaping teaspoon for each, spoon the meringues, spaced about 1in (2.5cm) apart, on the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until they are crisp on the outside and slightly chewy inside.
Crisp meringues: To make the meringues crisp, turn the oven off and leave them inside until completely cool.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 36 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today