Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Brown sugar adds a lovely caramel flavor to the meringues. Good with whipped cream, as a filling sandwiched between the meringues, and drizzled with melted bittersweet chocolate.
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F (130°C). Beat the egg whites in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in the brown sugar, 2 tbsp at a time.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. Using a heaping teaspoon for each, spoon the meringues, spaced about 1in (2.5cm) apart, on the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until they are crisp on the outside and slightly chewy inside.
Crisp meringues: To make the meringues crisp, turn the oven off and leave them inside until completely cool.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 36 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.