Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Brown sugar adds a lovely caramel flavor to the meringues. Good with whipped cream, as a filling sandwiched between the meringues, and drizzled with melted bittersweet chocolate.
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F (130°C). Beat the egg whites in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in the brown sugar, 2 tbsp at a time.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. Using a heaping teaspoon for each, spoon the meringues, spaced about 1in (2.5cm) apart, on the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until they are crisp on the outside and slightly chewy inside.
Crisp meringues: To make the meringues crisp, turn the oven off and leave them inside until completely cool.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 36 servings.