Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
You’ll appreciate this no-fuss way of cooking potatoes and counting on your microwave to handle some of the cooking chores when preparing dinner.
1. In casserole dish, combine butter, onion and garlic. Microwave, covered, on High for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
2. Add potatoes and stock. Microwave, covered, on high for 12 to 16 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are very tender. Do not drain. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric hand mixer. Add enough buttermilk to make a smooth purée. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Spoon potatoes back into casserole dish. Cover and reheat on High for 2 to 4 minutes or until piping hot.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today