Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
You’ll appreciate this no-fuss way of cooking potatoes and counting on your microwave to handle some of the cooking chores when preparing dinner.
1. In casserole dish, combine butter, onion and garlic. Microwave, covered, on High for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
2. Add potatoes and stock. Microwave, covered, on high for 12 to 16 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are very tender. Do not drain. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric hand mixer. Add enough buttermilk to make a smooth purée. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Spoon potatoes back into casserole dish. Cover and reheat on High for 2 to 4 minutes or until piping hot.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today