Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Anchovies help to give this classic salad its traditional flavor, but they can be omitted from the dressing if preferred. Good with all barbecued meats. It is also good served as a first course or lunch with chunks of French bread.
1. To make the dressing, mash the garlic and anchovies together to make a thick paste. Scrape into a screw-top jar, add the olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper to taste. Shake until well blended and thick. Set aside.
2. To assemble the salad, tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and toss with the croûtons in a salad bowl. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, add the eggs, and boil gently 2 minutes, no longer. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
3. Crack open the eggs, scoop over the lettuce and toss. Shake the dressing well, pour over the salad, and toss again. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve at once.
Chicken Caesar Salad: For a more substantial dish, add chunks or shreds of chicken. To make your own croûtons, toss cubed French bread with olive oil, spread on a baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven about 12 minutes, or until golden.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.