Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Creamy Camembert was first produced in the village of Camembert, in the Normandy region of France. Triple-crème French Camembert offers the best results.
1. In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms, chop and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine Camembert and cornstarch; mix well to coat cheese with cornstarch. Set aside.
3. Rub the inside of a large saucepan with cut sides of garlic. Discard garlic. Add wine; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Add cheese mixture by handfuls to saucepan, stirring constantly after each addition with a wooden spoon in a figure-eight motion until cheese is melted.
5. Stir in chopped wild mushrooms and rosemary; mix well. Transfer to fondue pot and serve immediately.
Cubes of crusty French bread, Italian bread or walnut bread, lightly toasted pita bread wedges.
Once dried, wild mushrooms take on a more intense flavor and aroma.
You may substitute fresh wild mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in butter until softened, for the rehydrated dried mushrooms.
Trim and discard rind from Camembert; cut into cubes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today