Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Mango chutney gives the tart-sweet dressing for this slaw a mysterious complexity. Use your favorite chutney or try Patak’s brand, which is widely available and very tasty.
Although I designed this salad to accompany either the Tomato-Chickpea Curry in Eggplant Shells or the Skillet Grain Medley with Curried Tempeh, it is versatile enough to serve at a picnic or a potluck.
1. In a blender, puree the dressing ingredients, using 2 tablespoons of water, until very smooth. Blend in additional water if the dressing is too thick to coat the carrots.
2. In a large bowl, toss the carrots, cilantro, and scallions with the dressing. Add more lime juice and salt, if needed. Garnish with peanuts, if you wish.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Optional garnish is not included.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today