Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Mango chutney gives the tart-sweet dressing for this slaw a mysterious complexity. Use your favorite chutney or try Patak’s brand, which is widely available and very tasty.
Although I designed this salad to accompany either the Tomato-Chickpea Curry in Eggplant Shells or the Skillet Grain Medley with Curried Tempeh, it is versatile enough to serve at a picnic or a potluck.
1. In a blender, puree the dressing ingredients, using 2 tablespoons of water, until very smooth. Blend in additional water if the dressing is too thick to coat the carrots.
2. In a large bowl, toss the carrots, cilantro, and scallions with the dressing. Add more lime juice and salt, if needed. Garnish with peanuts, if you wish.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Optional garnish is not included.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today