Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. Scrape the carrots and slice them into very thin rounds. Cook the carrot rounds in salted water to cover for about 8 minutes, until they are almost tender.
2. Add the salt, honey and lemon juice. Simmer until the liquid in the pan is reduced to about half of its original volume.
3. Blend the flour into the butter. Add to the carrots, stirring. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
If this recipe is prepared for the menu for Rosh Hashanah, instead of butter use vegetable shortening or chicken fat.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today