Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. Scrape the carrots and slice them into very thin rounds. Cook the carrot rounds in salted water to cover for about 8 minutes, until they are almost tender.
2. Add the salt, honey and lemon juice. Simmer until the liquid in the pan is reduced to about half of its original volume.
3. Blend the flour into the butter. Add to the carrots, stirring. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
If this recipe is prepared for the menu for Rosh Hashanah, instead of butter use vegetable shortening or chicken fat.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)