Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
A rustic, hearty vegetarian sandwich. Make it on a crusty baguette or sliced seven-grain bread. Toasting the cheddar over apple slices makes for mouthwatering flavor, at once sweet, tart, and tarragon-creamy.
1. Sprinkle a little lemon juice over the apple slices and toss them together. (The lemon juice will keep the apples from oxidizing and turning brown.)
2. Preheat the broiler. On the bottom half of each toasted bread loaf, pile on the sliced apples. Top with cheese. Broil until the cheese melts. Remove from broiler and top with watercress.
3. Spread some of the Tarragon Mayonnaise on the top half of each toasted bread loaf. Place on the sandwich, mayonnaise side down. To serve, cut each sandwich into 3 pieces.
Combine 1 cup light mayonnaise dressing and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon. Let stand for a few minutes to let the flavors develop.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 624 cal., 21 g total fat (8 g sat. fat). 36 mg chol., 1,218 mg sodium, 89 g carbo., 6 g fiber. 21 g pro.
Daily Values: 9% vit. A, 10% vit. C, 32% calcium. 23% iron
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today