Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
A rustic, hearty vegetarian sandwich. Make it on a crusty baguette or sliced seven-grain bread. Toasting the cheddar over apple slices makes for mouthwatering flavor, at once sweet, tart, and tarragon-creamy.
1. Sprinkle a little lemon juice over the apple slices and toss them together. (The lemon juice will keep the apples from oxidizing and turning brown.)
2. Preheat the broiler. On the bottom half of each toasted bread loaf, pile on the sliced apples. Top with cheese. Broil until the cheese melts. Remove from broiler and top with watercress.
3. Spread some of the Tarragon Mayonnaise on the top half of each toasted bread loaf. Place on the sandwich, mayonnaise side down. To serve, cut each sandwich into 3 pieces.
Combine 1 cup light mayonnaise dressing and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon. Let stand for a few minutes to let the flavors develop.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 624 cal., 21 g total fat (8 g sat. fat). 36 mg chol., 1,218 mg sodium, 89 g carbo., 6 g fiber. 21 g pro.
Daily Values: 9% vit. A, 10% vit. C, 32% calcium. 23% iron
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.