Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Colin Erricson
Serve these tasty beans with grilled or roasted meat or add a salad and enjoy them as a light main course.
1. In slow cooker stoneware, combine beans, tomatoes, ½ cup (125 ml) tomato juice, green onions, salt and black pepper to taste.
2. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours, until hot and bubbly. Stir in green pepper and cheese. Cover and cook on High for 20 minutes, until pepper is tender and cheese is melted.
This dish can be partially prepared before it is cooked. Complete Step 1. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, continue with the recipe.
Works in slow cookers from 3½ to 6 quarts
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.