Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This hearty nacho recipe is a good snack to serve to hungry friends coming in from the wintry cold. It’s fun to serve as finger food, eaten right out of the baking dish; it also makes a satisfying main course when served with rice and a salad.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste together and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Saute the bell and jalapeno peppers until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium heat and cook the garlic, cumin, and chili powder, stirring, about 2 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
4. In a shallow 3-quart baking dish or casserole, layer one half of the chips, pepper mixture, beans, chicken, and cheese. Repeat layering with the remaining chips, pepper mixture, beans, chicken, and cheese. Stir the scallions and cilantro together and sprinkle over the top. Bake until the cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with hot sauce and salsa, if desired.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, but does not include hot sauce or salsa for serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today