Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
A spicy chicken curry made with chiles and mustard seeds.
Good with basmati rice.
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garam masala, cumin, mustard seeds, and turmeric, and stir for 1 minute, until fragrant.
2. Add the onion, ginger, and garlic, and cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Add the red and green peppers and the chiles and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the chicken, and cook until it begins to brown. Add the tomatoes and cilantro, lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently. Serve hot.
Nutritional Benefits: low fat.
Prepare ahead: The curry can be refrigerated for up to one day. Reheat, adding a little more stock, if needed.
Freezing Information: freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)