Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
We call this the grown-up version of Mac and Cheese at Foster’s Market; all you need is a crisp green salad to make your meal complete.
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter a 9 by 13 by 3-inch baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Add the pasta, stir, and cook according to the package instructions, until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and put it in a large bowl, toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil and the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes, just to cook the flour slightly, do not let it brown.
4. Whisk in the milk and cream and cook, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheddar, Parmesan, chicken, marjoram, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
6. Add the cheese chicken mixture to the pasta and toss to coat the pasta evenly. Place in the prepared baking dish, scraping all the sauce from the bowl, and bake for about 45 minutes or until it is bubbling around the edges and slightly brown on top. Remove from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today