Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Simple and incredibly good, especially with the peanut sauce.
1. To make the sauce: Put the oil in a medium saucepan and set over high heat. When the oil is very hot and almost smoking, add the curry paste and sugar and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the peanuts and soy sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
2. To make the marinade: Put the coriander and cumin seeds in a small skillet set over medium heat. Toast, shaking the pan occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from the heat, cool completely, and grind to a fine powder in a spice grinder.
3. Put the shallots, peanuts, ground coriander and cumin in a blender. Blend until the mixture becomes a paste. Add the coconut milk, turmeric, sweetened condensed milk, palm sugar, nam pla, whiskey, and salt. Blend again until smooth and set the marinade aside in a shallow plate.
4. Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers, leaving 3 inches at the end. Dip and roll each skewer in the marinade and let sit while you start a charcoal or gas grill or broiler; the fire should be medium-hot, and the grill rack should be about 4 inches from the heat source. (You can also cover the meat and refrigerate it for up to a day.) Season the skewers with salt and pepper and grill or broil for 5 minutes per side, or until lightly browned all over and cooked through. Serve immediately with the peanut sauce.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/2 the recipe for peanut sauce and 3/4 teaspoon of added salt.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today