Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
As a special Passover treat the Jews of Georgia prepare these delicious soup dumplings from walnuts, eggs, and matzo meal. Serve a few in the soup and save some for later. They are delicious cold, accompanied by a piquant sauce. The oregano in this recipe should really be fresh.
1. In a large bowl, combine all the walnut ball ingredients.
2. Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil. Have a bowl of cold water by you. Dipping your hands in the water, shape the walnut mixture into 2-inch balls. Drop them into the boiling water, and cook until cooked through, 10 minutes. Remove the balls with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
3. Heat the chicken stock. Ladle into soup bowls, add three walnut balls to each bowl and add garnish with fresh herbs.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.