Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Here’s a one skillet quick chicken recipe with fresh ingredients that infuse the chicken with incredible flavor. Best if use Kalamata olives and fresh basil.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded thin if desired)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
1. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt and pepper; drizzle with lemon juice.
2. In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken on each side until chicken is golden, about 3-5 minutes each side.
3. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes and olives, cooking for several minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften. Sprinkle with basil and parsley before serving.
© 2010 Holly Clegg
Italian (flat leaf) parsley has more flavor than curly parsley and is better for cooking.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
71mcg RAE (2%)