Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
This creamy soup is a hearty beginning to any meal.
1. To make the topping, place the avocados and cucumber in a medium bowl. Add the cilantro, lemon juice, and sea salt, and mix well. Let marinate for about 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of the soup.
2. Place all the soup ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, adding water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Ladle the soup into bowls, skimming off any foam that may have formed at the top. Scoop a heaping spoonful of topping onto each portion and serve.
FOR A CHANGE...
• Add additional toppings, such as diced red bell peppers, diced yellow tomatoes, or diced jicama.
TASTES GREAT WITH...
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.