Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
An impressive restaurant-style dish that brings out the clean, delicate flavors of the fish and is easy to prepare.
1. Add water to the bottom compartment of a steamer and bring to a boil over high heat. Mix the soy sauce, rice wine, and shredded ginger together.
2. Score the fish with cuts about 1in (2.5cm) and ¼ in (6mm) deep on both sides. Rub the fish inside and out with the sesame oil and salt.
3. Scatter one-third of the scallions in a heatproof serving dish and add 2 fish and half of the soy sauce mixture. Place in one tier of the steamer. Repeat with another serving dish, one-third of the scallions, and the remaining fish and soy sauce mixture. Cover the steamer and cook for 10–12 minutes, until the fish is opaque when pierced with a knife.
4. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Sprinkle the fish with remaining scallions, julienned ginger, garlic, chiles, and lime zest. Drizzle the hot oil over the fish and serve.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today