Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Ever had trouble paying for
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
The rich flavors of the chipotle chiles overlaced with the roasted garlic are wonderful in mashed potatoes. Infusing the potatoes with butter makes for a rich flavor. This is a “Sunday Best” recipe.
1. Bring about an inch of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
2. Drain well, then add the butter. Cover and let stand while preparing the garlic.
3. Slice off the root end of the garlic. With the blunt edge of a knife, squeeze the garlic from the husk; mince and set aside.
4. Warm the milk for about 30 seconds. Mash the potatoes using a masher, slowly adding milk and mashing until the potatoes are fluffy. Fold in the minced chiles and garlic. Serve hot.
To roast garlic, lightly oil the head, then cover with foil or place in a garlic baker (lots of garlic can be done at once). Bake in the oven at 400°F. for 20 to 30 minutes or until soft to the touch when pressed.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per serving: Calories 204, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 42 g, Fiber 4 g, Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Sodium 241 mg. (Analyzed with skim milk.)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today