Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
The chipotle chiles add smoky heat to the sauce for the pork, so plan to serve “cooling” ingredients alongside; sour cream, tomatoes, and avocado are perfect! I also serve Black & Pink Beans with Rice on the side.
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the pork and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, chipotles, and oregano, bring to a simmer, and let simmer until the pork is just cooked through (still slightly pink in the center) and the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
2. If desired, for warm tortillas, wrap them in a clean kitchen towel and warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH.
3. Arrange the pork on the tortillas, top with the cheese and other toppings as desired, and serve.
Make it a meal kit: Brown the pork with the garlic. Combine the tomato sauce, chiles, and oregano. Store each separately in sealable containers for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or in the microwave for a few minutes on LOW. When ready to finish the meal, combine the pork and sauce in a large skillet over medium heat and simmer until hot, or reheat both together in the microwave for a few minutes on HIGH. Serve as directed.
Have it your way: This dish is an ideal way to use up leftover cooked chicken, shrimp, fish, or beef. Add the cooked poultry, seafood, or beef when you add the garlic.
Nutritional information does not include optional additional toppings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today