Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
These rich chocolate puddings get their light texture from whipped cream. Good with whipped cream or crème anglaise flavored with grated orange zest.
1. Lightly oil four 6 oz (180ml) ramekins. Heat the milk in a small saucepan over low heat until it simmers. Whisk the sugar and egg yolks together, and add a little of the hot milk. Stir the egg mixture into the saucepan. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the custard is thick enough to coat the spoon (185°F /85°C on an instant-read thermometer). Do not boil.
2. Strain through a wire sieve into a bowl. Add the chocolate, let stand a few minutes, then stir until melted.
3. Sprinkle the gelatin over 3 tbsp cold water in a small heatproof bowl. Let stand 5 minutes, until spongy. Place the bowl in a small frying pan of very hot water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Stir into the chocolate mixture.
4. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cool and on the verge of setting. Lightly whip the cream just until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat. Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture and pour into the ramekins. Cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
5. Dip each ramekin very briefly in very hot water and invert creams onto plates. Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate and serve chilled.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information does not include Garnishes.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.