Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Bittersweet chocolate mousse may be the standard, but try it with milk or white chocolate for delicious variations.
1. Combine the chocolate and milk in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water. Heat, stirring often, until the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until thick and creamy. Whisk in the chocolate mixture.
3. Whip the cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Add the chocolate mixture and fold together just until combine. Using clean beaters, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Stir some of the whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the rest.
4. Spoon into individual dishes. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, until chilled. Garnish with grated chocolate and serve chilled.
Light Chocolate Mousse
For a sweeter and lighter taste, make the mousse with 50 percent dark chocolate or milk chocolate. Top with shavings or curls of white chocolate.
Good with biscotti, shortbread, or a little whipped cream.
Nutritional information does not include Grated chocolate or chocolate curls, to decorate.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today