Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
This crisp shortbread cookie has lots of crunch from the nuts and a great chocolate flavor from the chopped chocolate.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
1. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Combine flour and cornstarch. Stir into butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in chocolate and pecans. Press evenly into pan.
2. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned around eges, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into bars or squares.
This recipe calls for superfine sugar, but it’s not necessary to buy it. You can make it by processing granulated sugar in a blender or food processor until fine.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today