Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I created this recipe when I was the Executive Chef at Raven’s, located at the Stanford Inn in Mendocino, California. Add your favorite nuts and dried fruits, and if you don’t like something in this ingredient list, omit it … you can use as many or as little nut varieties as you like - have fun making it your own! Make a batch on the weekend and you can enjoy throughout the week. Keep the granola in sealable plastic bags and put them in the car or wherever else you may be tempted to grab a treat. Raw nuts have more nutritional value than roasted ones, which is why you save part of them to add in at the end of the recipe.
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Stir zest, juice, extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup, egg whites and vanilla together in a medium-sized bowl.
2. In a large bowl mix the oats, ½ of the nuts, ½ the sunflower seeds, all the sesame seeds and the coconut. Stir in syrup mixture.
3. Spread thinly on two cookie sheets covered in parchment paper or tinfoil for easy cleanup. Bake for 15 minutes then stir granola on trays with a wooden spoon. Continue to bake for seven more minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove and cool. Stir in remaining nuts, flaxseed, and dried fruit.
5. When completely cooled, store in airtight containers and enjoy for up to a month, or keep in freezer for up to six months.
6. Serve with organic kefir and enjoy!
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today