Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Refreshing, colorful and full of vitamins, this is sunshine in a bowl.
1. With a sharp knife, cut away the skin and pith from the oranges and grapefruit. Cutting toward the core of the fruit and working over a bowl, cut away each segment, sliding the knife blade close to the membrane that separates them.
2. Place all the segments in a bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes, then discard the membranes.
3. Peel the clementines and divide into segments. Add to the bowl, then add the lime juice. Sprinkle with the sugar, if using. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, until chilled.
4. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the salad into dessert cups and garnish with the lime zest, if using. Serve chilled.
Sweet Citrus Salad
Make as above, but replace the 2 grapefruits with 1 pomelo or ugli fruit. These fruits have naturally sweeter flavors, so you can omit the sugar entirely.
Nutritional Benefits: Low fat.Prepare ahead
The salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Nutritional information does not include optional sugar.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today