Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
Fragrant and hearty, this vegetarian soup is sure to satisfy. Coconut milk adds flavor and richness, while the curry powder gives it a unique complexity found only in Indian-inspired dishes. If you like it hot, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper.
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add curry powder and sauté for 10 seconds. Add potatoes and stir to coat.
2. Add stock and coconut milk; cook for 10 minutes. Add chickpeas and zucchini; cook for 10 minutes, or until potatoes and zucchini are tender. Stir in brown sugar and lime juice. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Ladle into heated bowls and garnish with coconut.
To toast coconut, add it to a dry skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Transfer to a heatproof plate to cool.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt and 1 teaspoon added shredded coconut per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today