Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
The nutty toasted coconut complements the shrimp flavor perfectly. This makes a great appetizer served with the spicy dipping sauce.
1. For the sauce, combine the Scotch bonnet pepper, lime juice, honey, rum, salt and oil in a serving bowl. Set aside.
2. Rinse the shrimp in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, beat together the egg whites, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Spread the coconut out on a plate. Coat each shrimp with the egg white mixture and roll in the coconut.
3. Heat ¼ cup of the oil in a large skillet over high heat until it is very hot. Add half of the shrimp to the oil in a single layer. Fry until golden brown, for 1½ minutes. Turn each one over and cook 2 minutes more. Remove to drain on paper towels. Using the remaining ¼ cup of oil, repeat the process until all of the shrimp is cooked. Serve the shrimp immediately with the dipping sauce.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 8.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.