Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
The nutty toasted coconut complements the shrimp flavor perfectly. This makes a great appetizer served with the spicy dipping sauce.
1. For the sauce, combine the Scotch bonnet pepper, lime juice, honey, rum, salt and oil in a serving bowl. Set aside.
2. Rinse the shrimp in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, beat together the egg whites, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Spread the coconut out on a plate. Coat each shrimp with the egg white mixture and roll in the coconut.
3. Heat ¼ cup of the oil in a large skillet over high heat until it is very hot. Add half of the shrimp to the oil in a single layer. Fry until golden brown, for 1½ minutes. Turn each one over and cook 2 minutes more. Remove to drain on paper towels. Using the remaining ¼ cup of oil, repeat the process until all of the shrimp is cooked. Serve the shrimp immediately with the dipping sauce.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 8.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today