Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
We’ve doubled the pleasure of dunking doughnuts in coffee by flavoring the doughnuts themselves with coffee and adding a cappuccino sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.
1. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixer bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together. Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and coffee to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition. The dough should be fairly stiff but smooth. Cover and refrigerate the dough at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Divide the dough into 5 parts. Roll out 1 part dough ½ inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Keep the remaining dough refrigerated. Cut the dough into holes with a small round cookie cutter. Gather the scraps, roll, and cut out many additional holes as possible.
4. Heat vegetable oil to 375°F in a deep-fat fryer.
5. Fry the doughnut holes, 8 to 10 at a time, turning once with tongs, until the holes are a deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels and then roll in a shallow bowl of cinnamon sugar. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Cooked doughnut holes can be stored in the freezer.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 5 doughnut holes and does not include cinnamon sugar for coating.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.