Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Homemade coleslaw is so much better than the store-bought kind, and it is worth making extra to have on hand. Prepare in a food processor for the fastest results. Good with grilled sausages or with a sandwich for lunch.
1. Slice the cabbage as finely as possible. Transfer to a large bowl and add the carrots, celery, and scallions. Mix well.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and milk, then the lemon juice, parsley, and chives. Pour over the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.
For extra sweetness and crunch, add ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans, and ½ cup golden raisins just before serving.
Prepare ahead: The coleslaw can be made a couple of hours in advance; and refrigerated in a covered container for up to 2 days.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today