Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Homemade coleslaw is so much better than the store-bought kind, and it is worth making extra to have on hand. Prepare in a food processor for the fastest results. Good with grilled sausages or with a sandwich for lunch.
1. Slice the cabbage as finely as possible. Transfer to a large bowl and add the carrots, celery, and scallions. Mix well.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and milk, then the lemon juice, parsley, and chives. Pour over the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.
For extra sweetness and crunch, add ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans, and ½ cup golden raisins just before serving.
Prepare ahead: The coleslaw can be made a couple of hours in advance; and refrigerated in a covered container for up to 2 days.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.