Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I collect cookbooks and cooking magazines. Because I am totally addicted and can’t bear to throw them out, I have a cluttered house to say the least. A few years ago, I remember an article about a Washington, D.C., dinner party. The menu caught my eye because evidently Senator Bill Cohen from Maine brought a dish called Cool Green Salad. I love Senator Cohen (who doesn’t?), so perhaps that had something to do with why I made the salad for my next dinner party. I’ve been making it ever since.
1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid or a similar container, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, mustard, salt, garlic, and pepper to taste. Cover and shake well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
2. In a large salad bowl, toss together the lettuce, spinach, watercress, cucumber, and onion slices. Remove the garlic and drizzle with the chilled dressing. Toss again to mix and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.