Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
My cousin Molly has worked in some of the top restaurants in New York City. She also spent time in kitchens in Italy. This delicious recipe is one of my favorites. It’s simple, yet rich in flavor.
1. Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
2. Heat one tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil in a hot pan until just before smoking.
3. Add chicken, skin side down, and sear until golden brown.
4. Remove chicken, drain pan, and add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add onions until soft, about five minutes. Add carrots and garlic until they begin to soften, about five to seven minutes. Add tomatoes and celery and let cook for a few minutes.
5. Remove the skin from the cooked chicken and add back into stew.
6. Add chicken stock and simmer for about 25 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar, and fresh chopped basil.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today